- Use your iPhone as a level. Just swipe left in the Compass app and Voilà –
Use Speak Selection on iPhone and iPad, so it reads texts out loud –
Begin by opening the Settings app. Scroll down, choose General, tap Accessibility then turn on Speak Selection. For voice, you can choose from a wide range of voices from the Speak Selection Menu. These include Australian, British, Spanish accents and much more. To speak words out loud, highlight any text (by double-tapping or tapping and holding on it), then tap the Speak button in the pop-up menu. If you can’t see the Speak button, tap the small right arrow on the pop-up menu, then choose Speak.
- Create a Pass-code with letters instead of numbers –Change the default setting. Go to Settings > General > Pass-code Lock and turn off “Simple Pass-code.” You will be prompted to change your Pass-code, and a full keyboard will appear instead of the number pad. And this keyboard will pop up when you need to unlock your phone.
- Add web suffixes easily –Just by holding down the “.” at the bottom of your keyboard, and a menu will pop up with a list of web suffixes to choose from such as; .com, .org, .net, .edu, .ng
- View a more detailed calendar –When using the calendar app, just turn you phone sideways and a more detailed schedule will appear.
- Access your email drafts easily by holding down the Compose icon in the lower right corner and it will quickly take you to a list of your drafts.
- See the times-tamps of text messages by sliding the texts over –
- Lock auto-focus and exposure while you are taking photos –You can lock the focus and exposure by pressing and holding your finger on the screen until the yellow square appears and blinks twice. A yellow icon and “AE/AF Lock” will appear at the bottom of the screen confirming that you’ve locked in the exposure and focus. It will stay that way until you’re done taking the photo.
- Create shortcuts –Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Add New Shortcut. Enter a word or phrase that you use often and the shortcut you’d like to use for it. Every time you type that shortcut, the whole word or phrase will appear.
- Set your phone to emit light for lights instead of noise –Instead of having your phone vibrate or ring when you get a call or a text, you can have it emit an LED flash. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility, then scroll down and turn on “LED Flash for Alerts.”
- Customize your vibrations –Change the vibration pattern for notifications. Go to Settings > Sounds > Ringtone > Vibration > Create New Vibration. You’ll be able to tell know who is calling or texting you just by the vibration.