Deadline: March 31, 2018
The new Chinese Shanghai University Postgraduate Program Scholarship is now available on offer for all new international students to study in China. The program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, living allowance, and comprehensive medical insurance.
Chinese University Postgraduate Program Scholarship is sponsored by the Chinese Government; it is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
The Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, known affectionately by its students as “SUFE”, started life way back in 1917 – in the city of Nanjing of all places. What once started off as a mere business program, soon flourished and eventually evolved into what is now considered to be China’s top finance university (ACU University Rankings 2010-2012), and one of the top business universities. SUFE was one of the very first universities in China to create post-doctoral research centres in the fields of economics and management, and it was also one of the leading universities to first offer MBA and EMBA programs.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
- Course Level: This scholarship only supports graduate students.
- Study Subject: Programs does SUFE provides are
Master programs are given in English:
- International Business
- LL.M. (Master of Laws)
- Regional Economics
- MPA (Master of Public Administration)
The Doctoral program is given in English:
- Economic Law
Recommended Master programs are given in Chinese:
Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL), Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Master of Finance (MF), Master of International Business (MIB), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Applied Statistics (MAS), Master of Public Administration (MPA), etc.
- Scholarship Award: The program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, living allowance, and comprehensive medical insurance.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
English Language Requirements: Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable.
How to Apply:
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English)
Please visit (from January 2018) and click “Application Online” to log in, submit online the completed “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” and print a hard copy. The Agency Number of SUFE is 10272. (Only applicants who put SUFE at the first-choice university place will be considered by our admission office.).
2. Notarized highest diploma
Prospective diploma recipients must submit an official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English)
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English)
This should be a minimum of 800 words.
5. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English)
Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
6. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy)
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
7. Prove of Language Proficiency
The copy of valid HSK level 5 or 6 Certificate (if you are applying for a Chinese-given program) or the copy of IELTS/TOEFL result (if you are applying for an English-given program while you are not a native speaker
8. The copy of your valid passport
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.