University of Newcastle and Commonwealth Government Scholarships are available for international applicants. These scholarships are available to undertake research higher degree programme at the University of Newcastle.
The University of Newcastle, informally known as Newcastle University, an Australian public university established in 1965, has its primary campus in Callaghan, a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales.
Applicants must have completed at least four years of undergraduate study and have attained Honours Class 1 or equivalent and a high grade point average (GPA) and satisfy the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5).
Course Level: Scholarships are available to undertake research higher degree programme
An annual living allowance $27,082 per annum (2018 rate – indexed annually)
The scholarship may also include:
- A relocation allowance (up to $1,500)
- A full tuition fee scholarship
- A laptop for your research studies
- Overseas student health cover (OSHC) (Single cover for international candidates)
Description: PhD scholarships are for three and a half years and Masters scholarships are for two years, less any tenure already completed towards a research degree.
Eligible Countries: International Students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for scholarship you must:
- Enter a Pre-Identified Candidate Code (provided by your potential UON supervisor) in the online application
- Satisfy the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5, 7.0 in some disciplines)
- Meet admission eligibility criteria
- Be no more than two full-time equivalent years into their PhD (or one year for Masters) at the scholarship closing date in which you are applying.
- A master degree with strong research component
- International peer reviewed research publication or research experience
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must satisfy the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5).
- Copies of all academic transcripts
- A research proposal
- Evidence of extra academic attainments e.g. publications
- If required, certified evidence of meeting the English proficiency requirement
- Please ensure applicant attach the following documents to support their scholarship application: Copies of research publications, exhibitions or conference papers, Curriculum Vitae, Details of previous research experience e.g. research work experience / study and Any additional documents that may add to their scholarship application e.g. evidence of the award of a University Medal.
Application Deadline: September 1, 2018
You can also visit Scholarship Link