Application Deadline: December 1, 2017 at 11:59 pm GMT.
Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2018-2019 academic year. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Women Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat in summer 2018 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of workshops.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Identify as female
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in Computer Science
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four essay questions
For More Information: